As investigators press in on the tragic accident that killed Luther mom Angie Winchester, questions are arising about the events that led up to the Charger slamming into her vehicle on I-40 and Sooner Road on Sunday morning.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol Traffic Homicide Unit is looking for another vehicle that might have been involved in a high-speed chase preceeding the crash. They are also looking for witnesses who say anything related to the wreck that claimed the 41-year-old’s life, and injured her mother and daughter.
Contact information is at the end of the OHP statement.
Yesterday, Sunday, September 23, 2018, shortly after 10:30 am the Oklahoma Highway Patrol responded to a fatal collision near Interstate 40 and Sooner Road in Midwest City. A black 2015 Dodge Charger driven by Cassandra Nail a 34 year old female was westbound on Interstate 40 east of Sooner Road, according to a witness the Charger traveled from the left (inside lane) and moved to the right abruptly exiting Interstate 40 using the westbound off-ramp to Sooner Road at a high rate of speed. The Charger lost control and struck a 2007 Kia killing Angela Kay Winchester of Luther and injuring two other occupants.
What we are searching for:
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol Traffic Homicide Unit would like to interview anyone that can provide the following information:
1. Any witnesses to the collision events.
2. Any witnesses that arrived on the scene after the impact that overheard statements took photographs or recorded video.
3. Any witnesses to the driving behavior of the black charger before the collision events.
4. Any witnesses that may have observed a black Charger and a black BMW driving westbound on Interstate 40 east of Sooner Road shortly before 10:30 am that appeared to be racing or driving aggressively.
5. Any business owners that may have cameras facing the interstate in the area between Douglas and Sooner Road that record traffic on Interstate 40.
How to provide information:
By phone to the OHP Communications Center at 405-425-2323
By email [email protected]