Luther Family Homeless After Fire

An early morning house fire south of Luther has left a family homeless. The Red Cross and Luther Community Center is helping in the aftermath of the tragedy providing shelter and necessities.

Luther Fire and Hickory Hills battled the blaze in the 140000 block of North Harrah Road. The fire is unofficially believed to have started on the porch. A small dog, Molly, was lost in the fire, but is credited for saving the family by alerting them to the smoke and danger.

Early morning structure fire south of Luther has been extinguished thanks to Luther FIre Department and Hickory Hills Fire District. Also want to thank Alliance Health Midwest EMS 4 & EMS 5 for medical standby on scene and Luther PD for traffic control. The family is already getting certain needs taken care of thanks to American Red Cross and Luther Community Service Center,” from Luther Fire.

A Go Fund Me page is set up to help with the family of Christine White, as they need to replace all of their possessions.


photo provided



Every town needs news. The Luther Register is part of a growing movement of local, independent, online news that shines an informative light in our communities. Readers can support the work through one-time or monthly donations, advertising to directly reach an audience, sponsorships and also through participating in our events, such as the annual Luther Pecan Festival held in November. #lutherlocal #localnews

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Back to top button